26 February 2015

Mary, Queen of the Leather Vest

Let's be honest, if you were asked which Royal lady could rock a leather vest, Crown Princess Mary would likely be near the top of your list. She's always be fairly fashion forward, including being a patron of Copenhagen Fashion Week. 


When I first saw that this was leather, I was a little taken aback. It's a fabric one often associates more with bikers and less future Queens. Once I got over the initial shock/intrigue this look is starting to grow on me. Especially once I decided that it definitely did not look like a bullet proof vest although you have to admit it's treading close to such territory.

In all honesty, it's the boots I can't get on board with. The fact that her skirt only just overlaps with them makes for a weird look especially while she's walking. I'd have preferred tights and some good ol' classic black pumps but I suppose you can't have everything.


Mary was out to support the Danish Handicap Organisations House and the Society of Rare Diagnosis. The visit, as you can see, involved meeting many children so I can imagine leather could actually be rather practical. It's like a stylish, built-in bib. Jam hands? Not a problem. Just wipe that right off. 

I'm sure Mary is wearing this in a much more conservative fashion than many would choose to sport such a garment but that's understandable and I'm going to put it out there and call the leather vest a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment